Doly James is an associate in Lubis, Santosa & Maramis Litigation Department. Prior to joining with this firm, he was an associate in several prominent law firms in Jakarta. He has substantial expertise in business and commercial disputes, as well as with breach of contract, tort, shareholder dispute, and bankruptcy matters, civil, criminal and administrative disputes. In recent years he has successfully handled numerous high-profile matters which attract public attention as well as complex commercial litigation.
James is a member of the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI), Indonesia Advocates Association (AAI) and Indonesia Receiver and Administrator for Bankruptcy Association (AKPI).
His notable cases involvement such as:
- Successfully represented The Age Company Ltd. in a class action lawsuit in relation to news publication regarding WikiLeaks’ allegation of the President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s abused of power.
- Successfully represented the Minister of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Indonesia in an administrative lawsuit which filed by the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI).
- Successfully represented Tenaga Lestari (M) Sdn. Bhd., a Malaysian investment company, in a request for court order for (i) special audit toward Annual Financial Statement of PT Bumibangka Lestari and PT Bumipermai Suryalestari, its subsidiary companies, with reason the director of those subsidiary companies has breach their fiduciary duties to compile annual financial statement for 5 years consecutive, and (ii) to determine the quorum for General Meeting of Shareholders;
- Successfully represented Mr. Aditya Soeryadjaya and Franciscus Dewana, the Directors of Elnusa Tristar Ramba Limited, a British Virgin Island company, to dismiss from criminal charges in Indonesian Court regarding corruption, embezzlement and money laundering related to the operation of Ramba oil field in South Sumatera Province.
- Representing PT Aneka Tambang (Persero) Tbk. in relation to administrative dispute against Konawe Utara Regency concerning nickel ore mining license in South East Sulawesi Province.
- Representing University of Riau in relation to land dispute in Pekanbaru, Riau.
Despite practicing as an Advocate, he is also a licensed Receiver & Administrator for Bankruptcy since 2008.
He was born in Bandung, Indonesia. He received a law degree (S.H.), from Atma Jaya Catholic University, Jakarta in 2007. He joined Lubis, Santosa & Maramis in 2011.
James is a member of the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI), Indonesia Advocates Association (AAI) and Indonesia Receiver and Administrator for Bankruptcy Association (AKPI). He speaks Bahasa Indonesia and English.