Our dispute resolution practice is also active in international and domestic arbitration. We have been involved in international and domestic arbitrations in the area of construction, acquisition, distribution as well as energy and natural resources. Dr. Todung Mulya Lubis, SH, LLM, Senior Partner of Lubis Santosa & Maulana is an arbitrator of the Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (Badan Arbirtase Nasional Indonesia/BANI) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Paris.
Our involvements in the arbitration, inter alia, are:
- PT Holdiko Perkasa on a dispute relating to the sale of its shares in the Sugar Group Companies, which was finally settled amicably following the submission of the case to Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC);
- PT INCO in the arbitration proceedings under the ICC Rules relating to its services contract;
- Rio Tinto Plc., BP Plc. Pacific Resource Investments Ltd., and BP International Ltd. at the ICSID proceeding brought by the Provincial Government of East Kalimantan;
- Total E&P Indonesia in the arbitration proceedings under the Rules of Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI) relating to certain claims brought by its contractors and sub-contractors;
- PT Halliburton Indonesia in the arbitration proceedings under the Rules of Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI) relating to a claim arising out of the construction of a petroleum facility;