Lubis Santosa & Maramis also offers advice, assistance and representation criminal matters. We had extensive experience in assisting and representing clients in all level of criminal investigations and trials in relation to various criminal legal issues for individuals from diverse industries.
The firm has engaged in criminal litigations in the extensive area including criminal matters relating to banking, finance, insurance, capital market, investments, acquisitions, shareholders disputes, commercial contracts, real estate and construction, energy and natural resources, plantation and media.
We have assisted and represented clients, among others, in the following criminal matters:
- Journalists of a leading International magazine during the investigation with regard to alleged defamation committed by the journalists by reason of the magazine’s publication of an article written and reported by the journalists;
- Journalists of a leading local magazine’s during the investigation as well as in defence of the criminal proceedings with regard to alleged defamation committed by the editor in chief and the journalists by reason of the magazine’s publication of article written and reported by the journalists;
- A joint venture insurance company on the falsification of insurance policy and documents;
- An Indonesian holding company on the investigation at the prosecutor’s office on the sales of its subsidiary companies;
- A leading international coal producer company on the investigation at the prosecutor’s office over the dispute of divestment issues;
- A leading international mining company on the alleged violation of the Indonesian immigration laws; and
- An Indonesian securities company during the investigation with regard to an alleged violation of capital market and stock exchange regulations;