Our Corporate and Commercial’s practice groups structures and advices on all types of company or other legal entities formations, corporate compliance, merger and acquisitions, company restructuring, liquidation, joint ventures, joint operations, shareholders agreements, employment related issues and other areas related to the setting up and maintaining a business presence in Indonesia. We also assist executives in the legal implications of day-to-day operational issues.
We also assist executives in the legal implications of day-to-day operational issues.
Lubis, Santosa & Maramis also counsel, draft and negotiate all types of commercial transactions and agreements, tailoring the results to the client’s objectives. Our lawyers regularly serves clients with respect to technical assistance and licensing agreements, management contracts, leasing, manufacturing, agency, distribution, franchise agreements, build, operate and transfer or lease agreements, technology and intellectual property transfer.
Lubis Santosa & Maramis have served clients and involved, among others, in the following assignments:
- The Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency in the special due diligence with regard to the closure of certain national banks in 1998;
- PT Holdiko Perkasa, in the asset disposal process of its subsidiaries, which include companies in the business of plantation, chemical, real estate, manufacturing, etc.;
- Komite Kerja Sektor Keuangan, in the compliance due diligence of the signatories of certain Master Settlement and Acquisition Agreement (MSAA), Master Refinancing and Notes Issuance Agreement (MRNIA) and Deed of Acknowledgement of Debt (Akta Pengakuan Utang- APU) for the interest of Legal Aid Team (Tim Bantuan Hukum) of the Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (IBRA/BPPN)
- The National Institute of Health Research and Development of Department of Health of the Republic of Indonesia in certain legal issues relating to H5N1 virus issues, which include advising and drafting memorandum of understanding for the development of vaccine, material transfers agreement, vaccine supply agreement and other related legal issues pertaining to research cooperation for the development of the vaccine;
- Samtan Co.,Ltd, Korea, in the due diligence and bidding process of PT Bali Nirwana Resort, the largest integrated 5-star resort development in Bali under the Credit Assets and Shares Disposal Program of PT Perusahaan Pengelola Aset (Persero);
- Advising, negotiating and drafting agreements for a number of local and foreign companies on the shares and/or assets acquisitions of several companies in the textile, plantation, airlines and banking industries;
- Advising and assisting PT Krama Yudha, a sole distributor of Mitshubishi’s vechicle in Indonesia in the drafting and negotiation of the distributorship agreement with its principal, shareholder agreement, acquisition and other general corporate legal matters relating to the business of PT Krama Yudha;
- advising and assisting PT Garansindo Inter Global, the first company in Indonesia providing warranty for built-up vehicle in Indonesia, in the preparation of the scheme of warranty as well as all documentations, including agreements, relating to the operation its warranty;
- Drafting and negotiating joint venture and/or shareholders agreements for a number of local and foreign clients with regard to foreign investments in Indonesia in various industries. These includes clients investing in the construction and management of a toll road project located in Central Java, Indonesia; manufacturing of pharmaceuticals products, furniture, fisheries and confectionery, air condition, marketing and distribution and others;